From their minimalist style to their open atmosphere, spas are known for their soft and calming environment.
Taking a trip to the spa is a great way to relieve stress and pamper yourself with soothing treatments; however, it can be hard to find the time to have a spa day. Now you can make everyday a spa day with these tips on how to transform your bathroom to feel like a relaxing getaway.
- Ditch the traditional sink. Spas offer the latest relaxing minimalistic look, so to achieve this look in your bathroom, the key is to go with something simple. A vessel sink is perfect for washing that facial treatment off your face, as the wide oval shape conveniently catches water. The sink design is also pleasing to the eye and sure to give your bathroom that modern spa feel.
- Invest in a shower system. Imagine unwinding in the shower being surrounded by warm massaging body sprays after a long day. Adding a couple of shower panels with a shower faucet overhead will give you the pleasure and relaxing feeling of being completely surrounded by water. If a walk in shower is not your taste, try a relaxing bathtub instead. A claw foot tub offers an elegant spa-like bath experience with the option to use a hand shower. Soaking in the tub, reading your favorite book is the perfect way to get the home spa feel.
- Upgrade your towels. Throw away those old over-used towels and achieve the true spa experience with fresh, new plush towels. Take the soft elements of the bathroom even further by updating other bathroom accessories, like your bathmat, to more plusher fabrics. Don’t forget a comfy plush robe!
- Add a vanity. A wood vanity is a perfect way to tie in a natural element that is so often found in spas. Paired with a vessel sink, you’ll transform your bathroom into a chic and modern space with a spa atmosphere.
- De-clutter bathroom surfaces. To tie together the look and feel of your spa bathroom, remember to keep it de-cluttered. Spa’s usually try to keep things basic which is less strain on the eyes. The best solution is to hideaway those unsightly toiletries in drawers or in a mirror cabinet. Closed vanities are great for storing unwanted clutter, keeping the area clean and helping to eliminate stress.
Don’t let your busy schedule keep you away from the spa. With the tips mentioned above you can have a relaxing spa retreat at your own convenience in the comfort of your own home. So next time you’re thinking about updating your bathroom, consider transforming it into an everyday spa!